Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Birthday

It's my birthday today, I'm 42 years young today. This past Friday morning I had surgery to repair an inguinal hernia. I've been basically down and unable to walk fast (or at all) since then. Today is the first day that I'm able to get up without great strain and move faster than a sick slug. I have been popping percodin like candy, well ok, not quite but it seems like I'm always in a fog.

I did manage to pass my first GEOG test on this past Thursday, got a 100%. Highest grade was a 104 so apparently I missed two questions (of 40). Not a bad start to my third college career. I have another test tomorrow evening, History. It's going to be difficult, but the instructor has already given us the questions, we just have to supply the answers. I've been kind of studying today, basically writing and rewriting my responses to the questions over and over trying to commit them to memory.

The worst part about this whole surgery is that I've gained about 15 lbs since I had to quit running about a month ago (from the pain) and I have another month or so to fully recover. I almost hit 230lbs, whoah. I'm now on a serious mission to get back to 200lbs, then to start working on my conditioning and how I look.

I haven't substituted yet, but I have volunteered quite a bit at the elementary school. Things should really pick up next semester, I'll start going full time during the daytime instead of going at night. That's when things will really get interesting.

I haven't worked for over a year now, thank god for Stef.

~james

No comments: